What are the best Arab universities 2023?, that question that all research sites and communication networks issue in those last hours, coinciding with the approaching date of registration in universities in preparation for the reception of the new academic year, and the date of registration in universities usually varies every year according to the conditions and conditions of the university that the student wishes to enroll As each university already announces the proposed date for registration on its official website, and given the overwhelming confusion in which the majority of students fall into choosing the ideal university, this article will review a list of the best Arab universities located at the global level with more details and explanatory data for each university separately.
List of Arab Universities
The Arab world includes a large and varying number of diverse universities and colleges that come to suit all disciplines and levels without exception. For universities, while others retreated to completely exit the competition race, and these upcoming paragraphs will review a list that includes the last ranking of Arab university centers according to the global classification that was made for the year 2023.
What is the QS World University Rankings?
The QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) World University Ranking is considered one of the most important annual rankings and reports that are conducted every year in order to reach the best 800 universities in the world as a whole, as it dates back to its beginnings in the United States of America in 2004 AD, the same year in which it was first published Once in cooperation with the “Times” magazine for higher education, this annual report includes a large amount of data and detailed information about each university with all its teaching staff, curricula, and others..
What are the bases adopted by Qs for classification
The annual report issued by the QS World University Rankings Authority relies on a number of specific rules and principles that it takes into account to obtain the final classification of the university rankings with utmost honesty and transparency. Perhaps the most important of these foundations are the following:
- The total percentage of students compared to the percentage of faculty members.
- Opinions and perspectives related to the employment authority on the efficiency and excellence of graduates or students.
- Evaluation of research and studies published for faculty members in universities, the rate of their publication, and the extent to which researchers and academics use them.
- The certificates and scientific experience of each member of the academic bodies or the specialized teaching bodies at the university.
- The general reputation of the university among other competing universities.
See also: ما العنوان الجانبي المناسب للنص؟
The best Arab universities for the year 2023 according to the international rankings
Usually the problem of selecting and selecting universities is one of the most common problems that a large number of students fall into in the world, and that comes due to their great confusion and urgent desire to reach the choice of the ideal university and college, so to facilitate such a thorny problem, these next few lines will list a list The best names of Arab universities for the year 2021, which come according to the approved international classification QS, in ascending order from best to least:
King Abdulaziz University
King Abdulaziz University, located in the city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, has been able to rank first in the list of the best Arab universities in the world according to the QS classification. It is one of the most important and prominent public universities already present in the entire Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, as it has since its At first glance, a sublime and immortal message pledged itself to advance the Saudi society by strengthening research leadership and promoting scientific and academic excellence.
Advantages of King Abdulaziz University
King Abdulaziz University is characterized by a large number of wonderful advantages, the most important of which are the following:
- Providing a large number of diverse academic programs that extend to include sciences such as freedom, meteorology, engineering, aviation, mining, medical engineering, aeronautical engineering, and others..
- It allowed her to catch up with undergraduate and postgraduate programs after graduating from them.
American University of Beirut
The American University of Beirut is one of the best Arab universities in the Arab world and even the entire world, as it was already established in 1866 AD, to begin its distinguished educational journey by being considered a research university that focuses largely on in-depth teaching that is carried out by a wide elite One of the most skilled faculty members with the highest academic degrees and degrees.
Advantages of the American University of Beirut
This unique university is characterized by a large number of multiple advantages, which are:
- It contains more than 100 academic programs that allow students to choose and choose from as they like.
- Providing a large number of seats and vacancies that accommodate a large number of students exceeding 9000 male and female students.
Qatar University is considered one of the famous Arab universities that was able to make an immortal name for itself and a wide reputation among the rest of the other Arab universities present on the educational scene in the Arab region. Indeed, a large number of tremendous academic achievements and successes have enabled her in the end to become an active and effective partner in the Qatari society as a whole.
Qatar University Features
The pioneering Qatar University has a large number of great advantages, the most important of which are:
- The development of a large number of cooperative agreements that benefit students regarding the educational curricula that you provide.
- Giving it the actual opportunity to teach students through actual practice on the ground without being satisfied with only theoretical notes.
- It includes a large number of master’s and doctoral programs, and qualifies a large number of outstanding graduates for the external professional field.
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, which was established by a royal decree from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1963, enjoys great fame throughout the Arab world. In 1986, it became King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals.
Advantages of King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
The successful scientific management of the vast oil and mineral resources in the Kingdom poses a wonderful and exciting challenge for students to acquire scientific, technical and academic education. Perhaps the most important things that distinguish this university from others are:
- Providing some scholarships and advanced training in a large number of diverse fields such as management, science and engineering.
- Promoting science and extensive knowledge by intensifying research operations in such important areas.
United Arab Emirates University
The United Arab Emirates University was founded by the late Sheikh “Zaydan bin Sultan Al Nahyan” in 1976 AD, which made it one of the largest and oldest Emirati universities that was able to garner a large number of positive opinions and comments worldwide. It is worth mentioning here that this prestigious university is located in the city of Al Ain, which is also known as the Oasis City, which is characterized by its picturesque landscapes that can catch the eye from the first sight.
Advantages of the United Arab Emirates University
This unique university is characterized by a number of purposeful features such as:
- It offers a wide range of internationally and internationally accredited graduate and undergraduate programs through its provision of nine diverse faculties, namely business administration and economics, engineering, science, law, medicine, food and agriculture, health sciences, technology and information, and finally, humanities and social sciences.
- Providing it to one of the major research centers that works to develop knowledge on a permanent and continuous basis.
See also: How many universities are in Saudi Arabia and ranked according to the Arab and international classifications
King Saud University
It is also evident from the previous classifications that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has the lion’s share in the world ranking of Arab universities, and given King Saud University, we will find that it is one of the most important public universities located in the Kingdom, specifically in the capital city of Riyadh, as it ranks second in Saudi universities after the University of Umm al-Qura, by order of King Abdul Aziz – may God have mercy on him -.
Advantages of King Saud University
King Saud University is characterized by a large number of advantages such as:
- It recently launched a huge program for investment and development, with the aim of employing the largest possible number of distinguished researchers.
- It provided a wide range of training courses in a large number of scientific fields such as engineering, business administration, archaeology, history, psychology, Islamic studies, political science and others..
- Providing a large number of generous scholarships to graduate students.
American University of Sharjah
The American University of Sharjah was established in 1997, and it has already managed to gain a great deal of fame and reputation within a short period of time. This truly unique university is a perfect example of cooperation and of promoting understanding between different and diverse cultures worldwide.
Advantages of the American University of Sharjah
This distinguished university offers a large number of unique advantages, including, for example, the following:
- Providing a large number of scientific and academic programs accredited by the Academic Accreditation Committee of the Department of Higher Education Affairs in the United Arab Emirates.
- Ranked as the first Arab university in the Gulf region to receive the prestigious AUS accreditation.
Sultan Qaboos university
Sultan Qaboos University is one of the most famous universities in the Sultanate of Oman, which is a fulfillment of the promise made by the Sultan of Oman, may God have mercy on him, Sheikh “Qaboos bin Said” on the tenth anniversary of the National Day of the Sultanate of Oman in 1980 AD. It is worth mentioning here that this university has It started working for the first time in 1982, the same year in which students joined it for the first time.
Advantages of Sultan Qaboos University
This prestigious university is characterized by a large number of unique advantages that are evident in each of the following:
- Providing the opportunity to enroll in a large number of diverse faculties such as the faculties of medicine, agriculture, engineering, science, literature, commerce, and economics, which gives the student the ability to choose and choose as he pleases.
- It has hired a large number of the most skilled faculty members present in the entire world.
Khalifa University of Science and Technology
This university is one of the most famous and best independent and non-profit Arab universities that was already established in 2007 as an essential part of the government of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates, and this university has devoted its extensive efforts to advancing the educational process in the entire Arabian Gulf.
Advantages of Khalifa University of Science and Technology
Perhaps the most important features of Khalifa University of Science and Technology are the following:
- It is considered one of the most important research universities globally recognized, as it offers more than 13 diverse educational programs for students and 22 other programs for graduates, which in turn provides a great deal of multiple choices for students and scholars.
- It has a large number of the most efficient faculty members from more than 40 countries around the world.
University of Jordan
The University of Jordan is one of the oldest and most famous globally recognized Arab universities, which in turn is located in the Jordanian capital “Amman”, as it is considered as the first university that was established in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan in 1962 AD, when the Royal Administration issued the necessity of establishing this university in the north of Amman This is what eventually earned it the title of “The Mother University”.
Advantages of the University of Jordan
The University of Jordan enjoys a long-standing reputation and position among the rest of the other Arab universities located in the entire world, as it already possesses a large number of the most important unique advantages such as:
- It has been provided by a large number of scientific master’s and doctoral programs specialized in a large number of research fields.
- Providing a wide range of diverse educational programs, which may number up to about 161 educational programs in all various fields, supported by a group of the most famous scholars and academics recognized internationally and globally.
Internationally recognized Arab universities
There are a large number of Arab universities recognized at the global level, which comes along with the list of distinguished Arab universities that were reviewed in the coming paragraphs, and here is a group of the most famous and prominent names of Arab universities recognized globally:
- The American University in Cairo.
- Cairo University.
- Umm Al Qura University.
- Mansoura University.
- Birzeit University.
- Shaqra University.
- Taibah University.
- Imam Muhammad Bin Saud Islamic University.
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University.
- An-Najah National University.
- King Faisal University.
- King Khalid University.
- Cadi Ayyad University.
- Taif University.
- Yarmouk University.
- Ain-Shams University.
- Alexandria University.
- New York University Abu Dhabi.
- Al Qussaim university.
- Kuwait University.
- University of Abu Bakr Belkaid Tlemcen.
Thus, in conclusion, this article has already seen a list of the best Arab universities for the year 2023 according to the world rankings in more detail and explanatory data, and this also comes in addition to reviewing the true nature of the QS World University Rankings and the most important foundations and criteria that govern it, and finally and in the end a list was presented The most famous and prominent Arab universities recognized globally.